Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Growing up too fast for my taste

I've decided that life is cruel sometimes. Cruel because it forces babies and children to grow up way too fast. Kayla's 8-month birthday was a few days ago. I can't believe that she's that old already. She is definitely not a newborn anymore. She laughs and smiles constantly, crawls everywhere, pulls herself up on furniture, and is a pro at eating baby food. She adores Will and has learned to be tough against his rough-housing (he desperately needs a brother-or to play with his friends more often). She is such an angel, and I am grateful she is part of our family.


Will is also growing up so quickly. He's such a smart little boy. I think the most impressive thing he does is that he memorizes songs, lines from movies, and books really quickly. He is constantly running around the house quoting things he's heard or seen recently (or even not so recently). He's definitely got a mind of his own and enjoys doing as much as he can by himself. His most recent accomplishment is going to the potty ALL BY HIMSELF. YAY! (Can you tell I'm excited). It's been a long struggle, and he still slips up sometimes, but I would venture to say that he is officially potty-trained. He can be a little difficult at times, but he's a sweet boy and we love him.

3 comments:

Phyllis Bestor said...

It is so nice to hear a young mother relishing these tender years with her children instead of wishing that they would grow up fast.

Laura H. said...

I tend to be ok with the "growing up" thing. But I think once it's our last kid doing the growing up it'll be a lot harder.

Jesika Harmon said...

Congratulations Will! Actually congratulations Kristin and Bill :) WAHOO for potty training!