Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A wonderful time

I feel I should preface this post by saying that I have the most amazing and wonderful husband ever.  The reasons why are certainly plentiful, but for the sake of this post he's amazing and wonderful because he let me go on a vacation completely by myself.  Again.  A couple of years ago I got to go to Utah and this time I got to go to Washington D.C.  One of my best friends got married a couple of weeks ago and I was able to be there.  It was definitely an experience that I will always remember.  Since I could probably go on and on about all the fun and crazy experiences I had, instead I'll highlight some of my favorite parts.  And unfortunately I didn't take that many pictures (and those I did take didn't turn out so well) so you'll have to use your imagination.

-Flying into DC and seeing the Washington Monument from the plane window
-Spending time with old friends and their adorable kids
-Having dinner with my sister-in-law, her husband, and my father-in-law
-Riding the Metro
-Getting lost at least twice - the getting lost part wasn't so fun, but I definitely got plenty of exercise with all that walking
-Seeing all the amazing sites.  We went to the Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and walked by numerous other places that I would love to go back and see.
-Meeting new friends
-Getting a manicure with my friend the morning of her wedding
-Being inside the beautiful Washington D.C. temple
-Seeing my friend start her new life with her wonderful new husband

 I definitely missed Bill and the kids at times, but it was so much fun to be able to relax for a few days and not have any responsibilities.  Thanks to all those who helped us out with babysitting, rides, accommodations, and numerous other things.  And of course a huge thank you to Bill for playing Mr. Mom while I got to have fun.  You're the best honey!   

3 comments:

Liz Jensen said...

Good for you, and Bill! Hope you had a wonderful time-you deserve it!

phyllis bestor said...

We love thinking about your trip solo in a wheelchair. . . what a brave woman and yes, a brave husband as well

EvePate said...

Thank you again for coming, Kristin! Having you there was literally a dream come true. It was wonderful to see you!