Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Birthday Girl

Due to recent computer issues this post is about 2 1/2 weeks late, but here it is. Kayla's 1st birthday was March 7th, and we got together with Bobby, Susan and Alice for a fun little party the day before. Thank you so much, Bobby and Susan, for taking some great pictures and videos to make up for our lack of a working camera.




Opening presents - Some great homemade balls from Bobby and Susan, and some stuffed animals and baby doll from Mommy and Daddy and Will.


I love seeing these three together. They have so much fun.


Will and Daddy helping Kayla blow out her candle.




The obligatory "eating the cake" pictures. I was surprised at what a neat eater she was. But she seemed to enjoy her cake.


This is my favorite video from the party. She's very subtle at showing her excitement :-)


It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since Kayla was born. She is such a sweetheart and a joy to our family. Since I was still in school when Will was this age, I feel like I missed out on certain things, so I have been enjoying seeing Kayla go through all of her milestones. She is such a good-natured, happy girl, and we love her so much.

5 comments:

phyllis bestor said...

Kayla is adorable. She reminds me of you, Kristin at that age with a look of Bill also as it should be. Will, you are adorable too. Great that you can be with your children every day, Kristin, because all of the little things that you can enjoy happen so quickly. Miss you all!

Jesika Harmon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA! What a cutie :) I can't believe she is 1!! She and Gabe and Will and Bree would have so much fun together!! Someday right :)

Lizzy said...

What a cute girl, and honestly she looks so much like you did. I think its time the fam all got together...sigh...hopefully sooner than later!

Jill said...

My oh my has she grown up! Too fast huh! Enjoy the ride!

Cameron and Katie said...

Kristen, she is just SO CUTE! She is beautiful! Those eyes and that lovely dark hair! You will be fighting off boys in no time!