Friday, May 6, 2011

Sweetness

I just had to quickly share something that happened earlier today, because I don't want to forget it. First a little background and a bit of confession time. Today hasn't been one of my best days. I've been a bit lazy, unmotivated, and down. Every time I get this way (which happens a little too often sometimes), I start to get emotional and feel guilty for how it affects my relationships with my family and my responsibilities as a wife and mother. When I was putting Kayla down for a nap I started to tear up a little. I held her in my arms for a minute, muttering "I'm sorry". When I set her in bed she looked at me and said "Why are you sad?" I decided to be honest and told her "I'm sad because I don't feel like a very good Mommy". To which my sweet little girl replied "You are a good Mommy." So it's nice to know that, even in my worst times, my children still love me and think I'm doing ok.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I think every mom has these days...plenty of them. I'm so glad that your daughter had such a wonderful response! :)

phyllis bestor said...

This mother business is not an easy business all of the time. .I too have had those days. No one except a mother can really understand the full time job that it is. . . a good job most of the time fortunately. Sweet little Kayla. . . it is amazing what they know and think!