Sunday, May 8, 2011

Worth It

A quote that's been a favorite of mine for a long time says "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." Recently I've applied that to being a mother. I know it sounds cliche, but motherhood is probably the hardest and yet most rewarding job I've ever had. Will and Kayla are two of the most active, hyper, funny, kind, sweet kids I know and I am grateful that I get to be their mother, even on the bad days when I feel like pulling my hair out. They keep me on my toes, they make me laugh, they challenge me, and they inspire me. And despite my weaknesses and faults they love me. Being their mother makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

phyllis bestor said...

What a great family picture and I loved your comments about mothering two hyper, sweet beautiful children! That is something that we mothers sometimes forget . . . that our children do love us dearly and overlook our flaws.