Thursday, September 29, 2011

Best birthday present EVER!

In my 30 years of birthdays I've had some pretty fun and memorable ones. And for the longest time my favorite birthday was when my parents threw me a surprise party for my 16th birthday. But I think that this year has topped it, because my amazing, wonderful, fantastic husband gave me one of the best presents I think I've had in a long time. I FINALLY got to see this:



And if that weren't awesome enough, I got to see the play here:



When we found out that it was playing in Atlanta we decided to make a quick trip out of it and visit Bill's cousin Tom and his family again. Our kids enjoy playing together, and I was able to take Tom's wife Jenn to the play with me, which was SO much fun. So Jenn and I left the kids with our wonderful husbands and hit the town. First we had dinner here:


(Cheesecake factory, in case you can't read it)

Oh my word, this place was heavenly. They have so much to choose from, and their cheesecake is AMAZING!! I think this restaurant tops my list of favorites now. Definitely a repeat.

After dinner we headed over to the theater. And even before the show started we had a couple of funny experiences. First of all, when we were leaving the restaurant is was pouring rain. And of course we didn't have an umbrella, so by the time we got to the car we felt like we had just been swimming. Lovely. But we just laughed it off and went on our way. When we got to the theater I realized I left something in the car that I needed, so Jenn was nice enough to run back and get it. While she was gone I got to witness a marriage proposal. About 5 feet away from me. The couple drove up in a horse and carriage, then the minute they stepped out the guy proposed. It was really cute. And then of course the play was AWESOME! I didn't know anything about it beyond hearing bits and pieces of some of the songs, so I really enjoyed it. It is such a unique story with wonderful music.

So let's just say, I have no idea how I am going to top this birthday. It was definitely one that I will remember for a long time.

No comments: