Monday, January 9, 2012

Fun Christmas Extras

I forgot to mention a couple of things in my Christmas post, which Will has reminded me of in the last couple of days. And I hope Susan doesn't mind that I stole a video from her blog :)

One fun thing that Susan did was make up little rhymes for each member of the family, then put them inside Christmas crackers. Will still gets a kick out of ours, so I thought I'd share.

Will:
There once was a young boy named Will
And one day he couldn't sit still
He leapt off the ground
And flew all around
And landed 'kersplat' on a hill.

Kayla: (I thought this one was clever. Not easy to rhyme with Kayla)
There once was a little girl Kayla
Whom Alice invited to play-la
They put on their dresses
And danced as princesses
Until the sun set on the day-la

Kristin*
I once had an in-law named Kristin
I asked her to to work in my kitchen
She chopped and she peeled
The veggies did yield
Nourishment forged by persistin'

Bill:
There once was a daddy named Bill
He had an unusual skill
He'd take out some light
And bend it just right
Using lasers to pay all the bills

*This has become somewhat of an inside joke. We go over to their house at least once a week for a play date. And while the kids play I help Susan make dinner. It seems like every time I help I'm in charge of chopping the vegetables.

Will and Alice like dancing together occasionally. I don't remember who it was, but someone taught them the proper way to dance. Maybe Will has a future in ballroom dancing?

No comments: