Friday, May 8, 2009

A Tribute

No, we don't have our computer back yet. It's going to take a little longer than we thought. So I'm writing this from a local library. And even though Mother's Day isn't for another couple of days, I am writing this now because I won't be able to do it on Sunday. I wanted to pay a special tribute to two of the wonderful mothers in my life - my mother-in-law Loretta and my mom Melodie. This two women are very special to me. I've only known Loretta for about 5-6 years, but she has definitely made an impact on my life. She is a loving mom who cares very much about her children, their spouses, and her grandchildren. Since joining Bill's family, I feel like one of her own daughters. She often goes above and beyond the call of duty. For example, when she came out to visit us right after Kayla was born, she was such a blessing and a help to me. She was able to take care of Will and help around the house, and allow me to recuperate and relax a little, which is a huge luxury to a mom with multiple children! She is an amazing person, and I am grateful to have her as another mother figure in my life. My own mom is also amazing in her own ways. Even though she had to work when my sister and I were growing up, she was always there for the important and special events in our lives. She was the one who took us to piano recitals, doctor's appointments, school shopping, and everything else. She showed us, through her own life, the meaning of hard work, responsibility, and perseverance, as well as unconditional love, service, and many other important qualities that a woman and a mother should have. She and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but now that I am a mother myself, I am eternally grateful for her example and her love.

And even though I can't take the time to pay tribute to the rest of the mothers that I know and love (sisters-in-law, cousins, aunts, grandmothers, etc), you are all wonderful and special to me as well. Thank you for your examples, your advice, and your love. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Phyllis Bestor said...

Thank you, Kristin. It is much more real when you yourself are a mother and you realize the love and sacrifice that a mother willingly gives to her children as you now are doing so beautifully. Have a happy Mother's Day.