Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm thankful: Week 1

I kind of missed the boat on doing a daily post about being thankful like I was originally going to, so I've decided to do it weekly. This week I am thankful for the gospel, specifically I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who know me and love me. This week has been a bit stressful for me for one reason or another, and there were days when I would be so emotionally exhausted and frustrated that I wasn't sure how I would survive the next day. And inevitably, more often than not, something would happen that would remind me that God loves me and is watching out for me. Whether it was a really good Institute lesson, something someone said in testimony meeting, or reading a scripture that totally applied to my situation, I have been reminded this week that all I need to do is use the Atonement and turn my burdens over to the Lord and I will get through whatever trials and afflictions come my way in the future. Which is definitely a very comforting thought.

No comments: