Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A little catch-up

I realized that I never posted about Will's 6th birthday party...over a month ago! The theme for the party was superheros, with an emphasis on Spiderman. This year was a little extra exciting because Will had a new friend from school come to his party (he's the one on the right).


First, while we were waiting for all the guests to arrive, the kids made spider cookies. They, of course, had just as much fun eating the supplies as they did making the cookies, but I think they turned out really cute.



Once all the kids were there Bill played "Pass the Spider" with them (think Hot Potato with a toy spider).


Then we played "Pin the S on Superman.



Then at the end we had cake and presents.


I have to thank Bill for saving the day with the cake. I'm still working on my cake decorating skills (and my impatience when it comes to letting the cake cool first).

Between all the activities the kids had a great time playing on the playground. I highly recommend having a birthday party at a park if you can. Made so many things much easier!


1 comment:

phyllis bestor said...

Great party, Kristin. Those are the memories that grown-up kids will have because of the love and effort of Mom and Dad.