Monday, September 12, 2016

The legacy lives on

Will has been taking piano lessons for about 4 years now.  He struggles with wanting to practice, but he has natural talent and is quite good now.  Now he is entering a new phase in his musical career.  He has decided to join the 5th grade band, and his instrument of choice is the trumpet.  He had been debating for a while whether to do trumpet or trombone, and I have to confess that I secretly hoped he wouldn't choose the trombone.  This is mostly because he comes from a long line of trumpet players.  My dad, my grandpa Rollie, and my great-grandpa Ray all play or played the trumpet, and I wanted Will to continue the tradition.  He just got his trumpet today, and I am excited to see how quickly he picks it up.  He is really excited about learning to play, and I hope that excitement continues for a long time. 


1 comment:

Phyllis Bestor said...

Will, stick with it. You will have so much fun in a band for many years and then you can use your music talent in so many other ways as you get older. All of us, Phyllis, Rollie, Kurt, Carrie, Jill and John were in bands all through school and made many good friends also.