Saturday, February 2, 2008

An Inspiration

This afternoon my family and I watched the funeral services for President Gordon B. Hinckley. What an amazing and touching experience. Everything from the personal stories of two of his daughters and a number of Church leaders to the beautiful music sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was so uplifting. So many feelings and thoughts ran through my mind as I reflected on what an inspirational man President Hinckley was, and is, to me and the millions of other people whose lives he touched. I thought about the numerous lessons that he taught us over the years. Who could forget things like "Stand a Little Taller," "The Proclamation on the Family," and the 6 B's. And even the way he lived his personal life is an inspiration. I cried as each speaker touched on the loving relationship he had with his wife, Marjorie, and when his children spoke about the kind of parent he was. It added to my testimony of the sacredness of eternal marriage and families, and what a wonderful responsibility I have as a wife and a mother. It strengthened my resolve to better myself in every way, and be a more Christ-like person. I am so grateful for this prophet of God who has inspired me through his example, his testimony, and his life.

2 comments:

mary said...

He was so wonderful, and we will miss him so so much!

The Ballard Family said...

I agree. He was so amazing. I, too, am very grateful for his service.