Friday, February 1, 2008

Creative Fun

So yesterday I got in touch with my creative side, and I did something I never thought I would actually do - I made homemade play dough! (I haven't done that since I was in 8th grade, and I had to make a salt-dough map of Utah for a class). I noticed that Will was getting a little bored of playing with the many toys in his room, so I branched out. I know I sound like a total dork, but I was pretty proud of myself, and Will actually had fun helping me make it and play with it. Granted, the fun only lasted about 20 minutes, but what else can you expect from a 2-year-old with a 30-second attention span?


I love Will's face. You can just see the excitement.


This was my contribution to the activity. If you can't tell, it's a very squished snowman.


I call this his "space cadet" look. So cute!


Since Bill was at school all day and missed out on the fun, we decided to make him a little something to show him how much we love him.


And of course, no activity with Will would be complete without some sort of doggy involved.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Way to go...great for fine motor skills! :) It's always nice to do something new during the winter.

Paul said...

How fun! That is a good activity if it kept him entertained for 20 whole minutes!
Will is getting so big! I can't believe how much he's talking. I guess we're just seeing the beginning of the tidal wave of words Benjamin can say, but it's still incredible to me how fast it comes.

The Ballard Family said...

Fantastic idea! I am very proud and Will looks like he was proud of you too! I still can't get over how big he is getting.

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

Did he taste it?