Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Will knows and loves his uncles!

Will is constantly surprising me with how smart he is. He has got an amazing memory, especially with names and faces. Which brings me to the reason for this post. Earlier today Will was looking over our DVD collection, when he noticed our newest copy of the wedding video Uncle Jonny put together for us recently. He looked at it for a minute, pointed to it, and said "From Jonny!" I was amazed. I had no idea he knew who it was from. I guess he had heard me and Bill talking about it recently. But anyway - then he decided that he wanted to watch "the movie about Mommy and Daddy," so I popped it into the laptop, and we started watching. He of course started naming all the relatives he knows, like Grandma and Grandpa Evans, Auntie Erika, Grandma Melodie, etc. Then we got to the part where most of Bill's brothers and sisters and some cousins are decorating the car during our reception in Idaho. I started pointing to the screen asking Will who different people were. He didn't recognize everyone, but the minute he saw Uncle Michael he knew exactly who it was. But that's not the best part. Once he had recognized Michael, he points to the screen and says "I wanna give Michael a hug." So sweet! I don't know if that makes Uncle Michael the favorite uncle, but I definitely think you now have an open invitation to come to Illinois, Michael :-) Will has a lot of great men in his life to look up to. We love you guys!

P.S. I apologize to the wives of these wonderful guys who had to be included in these pictures. You're all beautiful!


Uncle Michael


Uncle Jake


Uncle Jonny


Uncle Bobby

2 comments:

Laura H. said...

SOOO Cute!! I love when they say things that just blow you away. You can tell Will that Michael is a big fan of him too. :)

Laura H. said...

Yeah, I think I have a new favorite nephew (just don't tell my sister).

Michael