Monday, September 7, 2009

He passed!!

First of all, I apologize to family members who are reading this news more than once. I'm just so excited that I had to blog about it as well. As you all know, Bill is currently doing a PhD in physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. One of the requirements for his department is a qualifying exam, covering 4 different subjects in physics. You get 3 chances to pass the qualifying exam (a free trial that doesn't count against you, then two more chances), and if you don't, you are essentially asked to leave the university. Bill took the exam last week, and it was his final chance. Needless to say, it's been a crazy and stressful few months for our family. Well, tonight we found out that he passed!! As soon as he called me to tell me the news, I felt a huge burden lifted. And I'm not even the one who took the test! We are both so glad that this is finally over, and he can focus on his research and classes, and getting done with this PhD as soon as possible. I'm so proud of you, honey! :-)

5 comments:

Joseph Smidt said...

Congratulations Bill! This post's for you and what a great person you have always been.

Brett said...

hooray! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!

Calley said...

Congrats congrats!

Cameron and Katie said...

What great news! Getting through school is so stressful, I love victories like this one.

Jill said...

WooHoo!!!! Let the adventure continue....without having to move!