Monday, June 9, 2008

It's hot up in here!


We've lived in Illinois for about 10 months now, and even though there are a lot of things I miss about Utah and BYU, Urbana is definitely growing on me. I like how green it is here, I like having many parks to choose from for Will, I like our ward and the people that we've had the chance to meet. There's only one thing that I absolutely can't stand - the humidity!!! I have never been so hot in my life (well ok, I probably have, but it certainly feels like I haven't). I don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of the summer. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Bleen said...

You'll get used to it. When I went back to Utah after living here for a while, my eyes felt like shriveled prunes. I overdosed on visine daily. It may be muggy, but I'm starting to prefer that over dry. Cute blog!

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

One word...popsicles! I'm addicted to those things, man. Lemon ice. Creamies (when we're in UT). Pop Ice. Fudge Pops. Whatever suits your fancy. Ice cream doesn't work as well because it's not as mobile.

Another idea: When I was growing up in southern CA and things would get REALLY hot at night (no A/C at our house) my mom would get ready for bed, then jump into the pool with her PJs on. She'd dry herself off just enough to stop dripping and then hop into bed sopping wet with a fan on her all night. I've tried it a couple times and it WORKS!