Saturday, June 21, 2008

Week at a glance

I have become a thief. I have, and I'm proud of it, too! I have decided to steal an idea from Bill's brother Bobby and his family. On their blog they have a weekly post called "Bobby's Sunday Summary", which is all about the previous week and things that happened. So I have decided that I am going to do something similar on our blog, so that you faithful readers can keep track of the happenings of the Evans family (because I know you are all dying to do so). So here goes.

Monday I spent 4 hours at the hospital for routine doctor's appointments (there wasn't enough time in between each appointment to go home and come back) while Will got to go play with his friend Angelique. Later that day we had Family Home Evening, which can be a hit-and-miss sometimes. Will was a little more squirmy than usual, but we made it short and sweet. Tuesday was a fairly normal day. Bill went to the Institute building where they broadcast BYU devotionals, then taught his lab class in the afternoon. Will and I spent the day together at home and had a good time. Wednesday during the day was pretty routine. Later that night I went to a planning meeting. I am in charge of Ladies Night Out in our ward, and I have an unofficial committee that my sister-in-law Susan and I put together. It usually turns into us chatting and laughing more than planning much of anything, but we have a good time. What made this one a little extra special was that they threw me a little birthday party as well, since I will be out of town for my birthday this year (there will be a post about that later I'm sure). Thursday was a lazy day. We all slept in a little more than we probably ought to have, then spent the day at home. Bill and Will had a little bit of fun with some sleeping bags that Bill was airing out from a camping trip he took last weekend. They made it into a small fort.


Friday was our weekly date night. We are a little low on funds these days, so we stayed home and watched "Ice Age" and an episode of "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" on our computer. Saturday Bill was on campus the majority of the day working on studying for his qualifying exams in the fall, so Will and I enjoyed another day at home. When Bill got home I decided I didn't feel like making dinner, so Bill and Will ran out and got some food for us. Today was a good day. Sacrament meeting had some good talks on prayer and the Atonement. We found out during Sunday School that the teacher had gotten the stomach flu last night, so we combined with the other class and it was a lot of fun. I was definitely glad I didn't have to substitute! After church we rushed home so our home teachers could come, then took a short nap before Bill had to go home teaching himself. Later we had the sister missionaries over for dinner. There's a new sister serving in our ward, and it was fun to get to know her a little bit. Will kept us all entertained and it was a lot of fun. And finally, I can't remember if these were taken this week or last week, but here are some cute pictures of a bunny that likes to hang out around our complex.



I won't be home next Sunday, so I will combine the next two weeks into a huge post, or maybe two separate ones, depending on how I'm feeling.

3 comments:

Brooke B said...

Hey Kristin! Its Brooke Dowdell, Erika sent me a link to your blog, I love it! I added you as a friend-I hope thats ok! Happy Birthday too!

nat said...

hi kristin,
it has been so fun to read your blog. your little boy is darling!

Cordell and McCall said...

Kristin! It's McCall! I loved seeing you at the reunion picnic! I hope you had lots of fun! I added you to my blog list so now we can keep in touch alot easier!