Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I am thank thee for a prophet"

As Will gets older and smarter, I am always amazed at the abilities that shine through on a daily basis. One thing I love the most is how good he is at singing. We sing with him every night before he goes to bed, and I think that repetition has stuck with him. I am constantly hearing him around the house singing various Primary songs, Church hymns, even songs he'll hear on videos (his recent favorite is the theme song from "Milo and Otis"). He doesn't always get the exact lyrics right, but he's pretty darn close mot of the time, as well as being on nearly perfect pitch. I am so grateful that he has inherited some musical ability, because music has always been such a wonderful part of my life. Maybe this will motivate me to actually sit down at our keyboard every once in a while and practice again.

1 comment:

Phyllis Bestor said...

I love the thought of you, Kristin, playing the piano again. Realize that you have not lost what you know. Get Will to sing, film him and let us hear him.