Friday, August 22, 2008

Random thoughts

So last night I was watching our new special edition wedding DVD that my brother-in-law made for us, and a thought came to me. I have an awesome family! Both my side and Bill's side have some truly wonderful people that I love dearly and miss terribly. It made me nostalgic for things like cousin dinners at Grandma Luce's house, BBQ's and family reunions at Grandpa Rollie's house, and many other wonderful memories. I remembered back to when I first met Bill's brothers and sisters, and how much I have grown to love and admire them, as well as their spouses and children. I thought about my amazing parents and sister and how much I love and miss them. Being away from the majority of our family has been hard, but I am grateful that we can keep in touch through e-mail, phone calls, blogs, etc. And we hope that we will have visits from at least some of you in the near future! Thank you all for blessing our lives in a variety of ways.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm with ya'! I love and miss our extended families as well! And, I LOVE how our technological world allows us to stay so connected!

Phyllis Bestor said...

Kristin,we feel the same about you all and know that your experience is a very growing and maturing one also. Whenever I see a cute little blonde boy, I think of Will! We do love your notes and blogs. You have caught the spirit. Love it! I talked to John this morning and he asked if you are pregnant.

Jesika Harmon said...

OH I miss you!! You are so good to be so grateful :) we need to talk soon!!