Sunday, September 28, 2008

He Knows and Loves Me



I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints my entire life, and I have had many wonderful experiences growing up in the Church. As most of us do, I've had my ups and downs and my share of trials. One of those trials, as mentioned in an earlier post, is that I have recently been struggling with a lack of motivation and having patience with Will. I have spent many days over the last few months in tears and wondering where to turn and what to do. Of course I have an amazing husband and some great friends who have listened to me whine and complain numerous times about the things I deal with. However, I had neglected to remember one very important thing - I have a Savior who loves me and who is there to help me through whatever life may throw at me. I was reminded of this fact through the wonderful Women's Conference that our stake had yesterday. The first part of the conference was a musical program put on by a number of sisters in the stake. They read the story of the Ten Virgins, using the new book and music that has been put out recently. I've always enjoyed that story from the Bible, but this particular variation of it really touched me. Each of the 10 women are given their own identity and story. As I listened to each story, I began to identify with a number of the women. Some of them were faithful and strong women, and some of them had some real challenges. And each woman was somehow connected to the man who made their lamps (Christ). It was such a beautiful program, and the Spirit was so strong. It was a wonderful reminder of the fact that we all need to turn to the Savior and make sure our lamps are constantly filled with oil and shining each day. It made me feel a lot better, and gave me comfort that I can somehow get through my daily struggles and be happy, if I turn to Him and let Him help me.

2 comments:

Phyllis Bestor said...

Well stated and so true! We all need to be reminded of this message. It is hopeful, helpful! We all need to be reminded that we are here a short time and need to make the most of that time and a little each day adds up to quite a sum of good things accomplished! Like saving a dollar a day. Since I am 77 years old, if I had set aside a dollar a day, I would how have $28,105 extra.

mary said...

Oooh, don't you just love being a member of the Church? It is so wonderful.