Monday, October 6, 2008

My empathetic child

Being with Will every day, I get to see what kind of a person he is turning out to be. One of the things I've noticed is that he has quite a bit of empathy for pretty much anyone. For example, whenever he hears a baby cry he turns to me and asks "Is the baby sad?" in a very solemn voice, as if he's actually concerned about the baby. Today's conversation in the car after picking him up from his cousin Alice's house went like this:

Will: "I was sad with Alice today"
Mom: "Why were you sad?"
Will: "Because I lost Alice"
Mom: "Oh, I'm sorry. Is she ok now?"
Will: "Alice is happy now"

I think it will be interesting to see what happens when he has a little brother or sister to worry about here in a few months. Should make for some more interesting conversations.

P.S. - We find out next week what we're having! :-)

2 comments:

Brooke B said...

YAY! I bet you are so excited! Post it as soon as you know!!

Lisa said...

Will is a very sweet boy. You must be teaching him the right things! We find out in 1 1/2 weeks, too... I'll check your blog next week to see!