Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What is it with kids and the phone?

So have you ever noticed that, as soon as you get on the phone, your child decides that it's the perfect time to go and get into some kind of mischief, because you aren't paying as close attention? Well today, my child has done just that. Earlier tonight I was talking to Bill on the phone and I saw that Will had grabbed the marker off the whiteboard in the kitchen. I didn't think anything of it for about a minute or two, because he's always grabbing things like that to drum with, until he came back over to me and I noticed that the lid was missing. I got a bad feeling in my stomach, told Bill I'd call him back later, and followed Will into his room...where I found this:



and this (Sorry for the bad picture. That's a small section of his bedsheet):



and this:



I was pretty proud of myself for keeping my cool, while on the inside I felt like screaming. Usually Will is so well-behaved, but I guess I was just in denial and I knew in the back of my mind that something like this is inevitable with a child his age. Oh well. Off I go to find the 409!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Oh, man! I guess every kid learns that walls (and sheets and random objects) are off limits for coloring sometime. I'm sorry! I can't talk on the phone while Benjamin is around for a completely different reason though. He'll scream and grab until he gets it out of my hands and then hangs it up. It's really fun. :)

Sharon said...

As horrible as it is, I agree, I think everyone goes through this. Why else would they invent the magic erasers?

Jessica Bybee said...

magic Erasers are the key! I think that is why I like email to communicated!