Saturday, January 26, 2008

Peace and Quiet!

I had to share some exciting news that only a mother would appreciate. For the past who-knows-how-long, every time Will woke up in the morning or after his nap, what I would hear was an ear-piercing scream. And not just one, either. My son has got some amazing lungs! Anyway, in the last week or two, I've noticed something - he doesn't scream anymore! We've been teaching him that, when he wakes up and wants to get out of bed, all he has to do is say something like "Mommy!" or "Want to get out!" Apparently our persistence in teaching him is paying off, because that's what he does now. I used to get a little cranky in the morning or after nap-time, because something about hearing him scream just got a little annoying. Now I can face the day with a smile on my face, knowing that this phase is finally over!

2 comments:

Phyllis Bestor said...

Yes, Kristin, I love the psychology in what you said. It makes sense and to him also. Isn't it amazing! All he wanted to do was to tell you something and now he can. Great!

Jesika Harmon said...

HORRAY!!!!!! Congratulations... persistance is the key right?! Oh that's great news :)