Monday, January 28, 2008

A wonderful man


Yesterday our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away quietly in his sleep. When I found out, I was shocked and saddened. He had been the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since I was about 13 years old. I actually had the privilege of personally meeting him on a couple of occasions over the years, which made me love and admire him even more. He had such a great personality, and was able to connect with everyone that he met. He will be sorely missed by many people worldwide.

3 comments:

Hafen girls story club said...

I was also totally surprised... yet at the same time I am very excited for him to return to his beloved wife. We will miss him dearly.

Phyllis Bestor said...

Hi Kristin, your dad picked us up at the airport and mentioned the news. It is a kind of lonely feeling, but not unexpected. I really liked his concern for other religions and people. A great example.

mary said...

It's definitely sad, but I agree with Katie... I am so glad he gets to be with his sweet wife again. I will miss such a wonderful man.