Friday, January 11, 2008

A smorgasbord of pictures

I have decided that we don't take enough pictures of our every day life, so here are just a few that we've taken over the past week or two.


We decided to have a quiet New Year's Eve at home together, but I think we went a little overboard with the food. I guess it's a tradition in Bill's family to make a bunch of appetizers instead of a meal, then snacking on them throughout the evening. It was good food, but we are still working on leftovers. Oh, and if you look closely, you can see my new haircut. I decided a few weeks ago that I was sick of my hair, so, to Bill's chagrin, I went to Great Clips and spent $13. I love it, and I think Bill's getting used to it.


This is Will chowing down on the many items of food we had, and enjoying the fact that Mommy and Daddy let him stay up a whole hour past his bedtime


I think we've found a new tradition for New Year's Eve. I decided that I wanted to make caramel corn to munch on throughout the evening. It took a long time, and it wasn't as gooey as I had hoped, but I have no problem making it again in attempting to improve it.


This was our first picture of 2008. Not the most wonderful picture we've taken, but we wanted to document the dawning of a new year



Will is so proud of the fact that he now eats some of his meals at the table with Mommy and Daddy. He still sits in his high chair for breakfast and lunch the majority of the time, but sometimes we let him eat on the "big boy chair." Guess it's time to head to Walmart to find a booster seat.


I decided yesterday to channel my creative side and make a new toy for Will. He has recently gotten into playing with boxes, so I took one and tried to make it into an airplane. Unfortunately, once I was done, Will wasn't as impressed with it as I had hoped he would be. He was very adamant about not getting into it, even with our prodding and encouraging.


We have liftoff! Will finally decided that the airplane was worth trying out


I'm a little disappointed with this picture. I wanted Bill to capture how much Will loves having us read to him, but instead you get a very unflattering picture of me in my pj's. Oh well.

2 comments:

mary said...

I loved the pictures, and I think your haircut is really cute! You are such a little chef, Kristin!

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Kristin! It's great to hear from you. Thanks for getting in touch. You have such a great little family. Isn't it great to have a child? We love having Abigail.

Hopefully we can keep in touch better.

Love,
Mary (Stewart) Porter