Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm thankful

Being the week of Thanksgiving, I decided that this week I am going to write one thing I'm grateful for each day. Obviously, I'm thankful for a lot more things than just 6 or 7, but for this purpose I will narrow it down a bit.


Today I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We had our Stake Conference yesterday and today, and it was a wonderful experience. There were many talks and musical numbers which uplifted me and gave me a renewed determination to be a better wife, mother, and overall person. I am far from perfect, but being a member of the Church and using the gift of the Atonement each and every day gives me the opportunity to learn and grow, and to be closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the knowledge that families are eternal, and that the blessings I enjoy now can be with me forever. I know it sounds cliche, but honestly, if I didn't have the gospel I don't know where I'd be right now. It has blessed me in so many ways over the years. And now that I'm living in a place where being a member of the Church is less common, I have gained a great appreciation for that blessing. The Church gives me peace and joy in a way that nothing else can, and I am grateful for it.

No comments: