Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Miracle of Life

As I'm sitting here feeling our little girl kicking and doing gymnastics all over my stomach, I can't help but think about how miraculous this experience is. Just a few short months ago we didn't even know that she was coming, and all of a sudden in just another few short months, we will be holding her in our arms. I don't know if I've ever fully appreciated the unique role I have in the journeys that our children will take to come to this earth. It kinda puts all my aches and pains into perspective. Being pregnant and being a mother is definitely one of the most challenging things I've ever experienced, but when I look into Will's sweet face, or I think about what my daughter is going to be like, I marvel at how wonderful God's plan is for us, and I'm grateful that I get to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It certainly is an exciting time. I really got to experience feeling the baby hiccuping the other day. I guess it happens a lot but that was the first I could really discern. I am on 9 week countdown to January 13th! You are such a great Mom or 'Mum" as I say, and all the activities you do with Will are an inspiration to me for "what to do with baby" in years to come. Thanks! xo

Jackie said...

well said! Wonderful thing motherhood is although I can imagine being pregnant while having a toddler around can be challenging. Glad to hear you are finding joy in the moment!